Employment and Internship
Swiss Cottages (Apartment no. 1), Riverside Ring Road
P.O. Box 10101-00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone: +254 722 201875 / +254 20 2578819
Email: email@example.com Website: www.thecradle.or.ke
The CRADLE is a non-governmental, non-partisan and not- for- profit organization committed to the promotion, protection and enhancement of the rights of the child through legal aid; legislative and policy advocacy; awareness creation; and research, monitoring and documentation of the rights of the child.
The CRADLE is seeking for qualified interns in the following positions:
1. Access to Justice 4 Interns; (Malindi, Lodwar, Nairobi) office
2. Policy, Legislation and Advocacy; 1 Intern
3. Child Rights Advocacy; 1 Intern
Reports to: Access to Justice Program Manger
Policy and Legislative Advocacy Program Manager
Child Rights Advocacy Program Manager
Responsibilities and tasks:
1. Recording and filing clients statements
2. Provision of legal advice to clients
3. Drafting letters, legal opinions, pleadings and other legal documents
4. Conducting fact-finding visits with the Legal officer
5. Planning and co-coordinating training workshops, conferences, public debates and public forums
6. Representation of The CRADLE in select trainings/conferences and networks in which The CRADLE is participating
7. Preparing relevant reports and recording of minutes in respect of select workshops
8. Development of write-ups for use in policy and legislative reform processes.
9. Any other related duty that may be allocated by the Program Manager and/or Executive Director
Qualifications and experience required:
• Have a law degree
• Have completed KSL waiting to be admitted or have been admitted.
• Computer literacy.
• Interest in working for and with children.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies and you meet the qualifications kindly submit your hard copy application by post mail or hand delivery to the address below by 26th August 2016 noting to include the names and addresses of at least two referees, copies of relevant certificates and telephone and email.
Your application MUST be in The CRADLE job application format. available on our website under the jobs section.
The Selection Panel,
The CRADLE-The Children Foundation,
Swiss Cottages (Apartment 1), Riverside Ring Road,