The CRADLE is seeking for a qualified and experienced personnel for the following positions:
PROGRAM OFFICER, RESEARCH, MONITORING AND DOCUMENTATION
Reporting to: Program Manager, Policy and Legislative Advocacy
- Effective management of the Research, Monitoring and Documentation Program and Projects therein
- Effective, timely and efficient production of the organization’s publications
- Building the profile of the organization as a centre of excellen in information on child rights and juvenile justice
- Monitoring of expenditure to ensure appropriateness and obtain required documentation
- Monitoring of case and media trends on a daily basis
- Monitor government obligations in its international obligations
- Building an electronic information network and hub on child rights
- Networking with other agencies
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a degree from recognized university and at least years' experience
- Must posses a current practicing certificate
- Have a good understanding of child rights issues especially in Kenya
- Excellent IT user skills
- Good experience in research and analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, management and teamwork skills
PROGRAM OFFICER: CHILD RIGHTS AND AWARENESS
Reporting to: Program Manager, Child Rights and Awareness
- Manage and coordinate activities and projects under the Child Rights & Awareness Program
- Take lead in Implementation, Monitoring and evaluation of Child Rights & Awareness Program
- Take lead in training and capacity building of duty bearers, including but not limited to Government agencies and civil society organizations as well as the community leaders and children
- Preparation of monthly monitoring toolkits, field reports and donor reports
- Networking with other agencies
- Contribute to the organization in terms of keeping abreast of developments of child rights at the national, regional and international level
- Take lead in advocacy especially community-led advocacy all through to the national level
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, with a degree from a recognized university with at least 3 years experience or Social Science from a recognized university with a strong background of project management and training skills
- Must be well versed with child rights issues especially in Kenya
- Must be well versed with child protection issues both in Kenya and internationally
- Must possess excellent training skills
- Excellent advocacy skills both national and community-based advocacy
- Must be computer literate
- Strong project management skills
If you meet the above qualifications kindly submit your hard copy application by postal mail or hand delivery to the address below by the 15th August 2012 noting to include the names and addresses of at least two referees, copies of relevant certificates and telephone and email contacts. Your application should be in The CRADLE job application format available in the link below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Selection Panel,
The CRADLE-The Children Foundation
Ms. 2 & 3, Adj. Wood Avenue Apartments,
Wood Avenue, Kilimani
P.O. Box 10101-00100 Nairobi, Kenya
The CRADLE provides limited opportunities for 6 month internships with our Legal Aid, Child Rights and Awareness; Policy and Legislative Advocacy and Research, Monitoring and Documentation Programs. For such internship, you must:
- Have a LLB law degree
- Have completed or awaiting to start pupillage.
- Be computer literate.
- Be interested in working for and with children.
If you are interested in applying for internship, please send your CV and cover letter to the CRADLE via post to address below, marking your application "Legal Internship Application".